The main purpose of cookies is to ensure that the website operates correctly on the Internet, as they offer many benefits for the provision of interactive services and make it easier for users to make use of and browse the website. Cookies also make it possible to ascertain a user’s preferences and obtain information regarding their experience of browsing a website.
If you disable cookies, you may not be able to benefit from all of the services offered by Creo Retail S.L.U. (hereinafter, “CREO”) via www.creoretail.com (hereinafter, the “Website”), and you may experience problems of usability or encounter difficulties when you begin browsing the site.
The information set out below will help you understand the various types of cookies used by CREO.
Type, purpose and operation of cookies
The cookies used by CREO can be classified on the basis of a range of criteria.
a. Types of cookies according to the organisation that manages them:
Depending on the organisation responsible for managing the machine or domain from which cookies are sent and processing the information obtained, cookies are divided into the following categories:
- Proprietary cookies: these are cookies that are sent to the User’s equipment from a machine or domain managed by CREO and used to provide the service requested by the User.
- Third party cookies: these are cookies that are sent to the User’s equipment from a machine or domain not managed by CREO but instead by a third party which is responsible for processing the data obtained. This description also applies to cookies that are installed from a machine or domain managed by CREO and used to obtain information which is subsequently processed by a third party (e.g. when the User clicks on a link to a social network or reproduces videos hosted by another website). CREO will not have access to any data stored on the other website.
b. Types of cookies according to duration or permanence:
Depending on the length of time they remain active on the terminal equipment, cookies are divided into the following categories:
- Session cookies: these are temporary cookies that remain stored in the browser until the User leaves the Website. These types of cookies serve to monitor Users’ movements while they navigate through the Website, facilitating the browsing experience by removing the need for Users to reintroduce information that they have already entered.
- Persistent cookies: these are stored on the User’s device and the Website reads them every time the User returns. These cookies remain stored on the device until their expiry date. All cookies have a specific expiry date from which they cease to function.
c. Types of cookies according to purpose:
Depending on the purpose for which the data gathered is processed, cookies are divided into the following categories:
- Technical cookies: these allow Users to browse the Website and use the different options or services offered, performing functions such as controlling traffic and data communications, identifying the session, entering Users in the register, using security features while browsing, etc. These cookies are necessary in order to ensure that the Website functions correctly.
- Analytical cookies: these cookies are processed by MRG or third parties and they allow us to quantify the number of Users accessing the Website and make a statistical measurement and analysis of the ways in which the Website is used. To this end, the way in which Users browse the Website is analysed with the aim of improving the range of products and services offered through the site.
List and description of cookies
The following table gives details of the cookies used on CREO’s Website, as described above.
THIRD PARTY COOKIES
Name of cookie Purpose Expires
__utma Calculates the number of Users of the Website. Google Analytics. 2 years
__utmb Calculates the average amount of time spent by Users on the Website. Google Analytics. 30 minutes
__utmc Calculates the average amount of time spent by Users on the Website. Google Analytics. End of session
__utmz Stores the traffic source or campaign that explains how the user reached the site. Google Analytics. 6 months
Users can allow, block or remove the cookies installed on their equipment using the options settings for the browser they use. The following links offer information on the most commonly used browsers: